Our research program is supported by start-up funds provided by our home
Department and the National Institutes of Health through the National Cancer Institute. We thank our research sponsors for their continued support!
Our publications are deposited in PubMed, with most articles available as free full-texts through PubMed Central. Our contributions can also be tracked through Google Scholar. For access to reprints or technical questions, please contact us.
Peer-reviewed research articles
- Yang S, Jiang M, Grabowska MM, Connelly Z, Zhang J,
Hayward SW, Justin Cates JM, Han G, Yu X. 1 “AR differentially regulates the proliferation of prostate epithelial cells in vitro and in vivo”. Oncotarget 7:70404-70419
- Qiao J, Grabowska MM, Mirosevich J, Case TC, Chung
DH, Cates JM, Matusik RJ, Manning CH, Jin R “Activation of GRP/GRP-R signaling contributes to castration-resistant prostate cancer progression”. In press. Oncotarget 20:61955-61969
- Austin D, Strand DW, Love HL, Franco OE, Grabowska
MM, Miller NL, Hameed O, Clark PE, Matusik RJ, Jin RJ, Hayward SW. “NF-kB and Androgen Receptor Variant 7 expression induces expression of SRD5A isoforms which confers resistance to 5ARI
treatment” The Prostate. 6:1004-18 (2016).
- Austin D, Strand DW, Love HL, Franco OE, Jang A, Grabowska
MM, Hameed O, Clark PE, Fowke JH, Matusik RJ, Jin RJ, and Hayward SW. “NF-κB Stimulates Androgen Receptor Variant Expression in Human BPH Progression”. The Prostate.
- Grabowska MM+, Kelly SM, Reese AL, Cates JM, Case TC, Zhang J, DeGraff DJ, Strand DW, Miller NL, Clark PE, Hayward SW, Gronostajski RM, Anderson PD, and Matusik RJ. “Nfib regulates
transcriptional networks that control the development of prostatic hyperplasia”. Endocrinology. 157:1094-109. (2016). +Corresponding author
- Lin-Tsai O, Cates JM, Gellert LL, Crist HS, Yang Z, Yamashita H,
Taylor JA, Smith JA, Chang SS, Cookson MS, You C, Barocas DA, Grabowska MM, Ye F, Wu X-R, Yi Y, Matusik RJ, Kaestner KH, Clark PE, and DeGraff DJ. “Loss of FOXA1 drives sexually
dimorphic changes in urothelial differentiation and is an independent predictor of poor prognosis in bladder cancer”. American Journal of Pathology. 185:1387-98
- Yu X, Cates JM, Morrissey C, You C, Grabowska MM,
Zhang J, DeGraff DJ, Strand DW, Franco OE, Lin-Tsai O, Hayward SW, and Matusik RJ. “SOX2 expression in the developing, adult, as well as diseased prostate”. Prostate Cancer and Prostatic
Diseases. 17:301-9 (2014).
- Grabowska MM+, Elliott AD, DeGraff DJ, Anderson PD, Anumanthan G, Yamashita H, Sun Q, Friedman DB, Hachey DL, Yu X, Sheehan JH, Ahn J-M, Raj GV, Piston DW, Gronostajski RM,
and Matusik RJ. “NFI Transcription Factors Interact with FOXA1 to Regulate Prostate Specific Gene Expression”. Molecular Endocrinology. 28:949-64 (2014). +Corresponding
- DeGraff DJ*, Grabowska MM*, Case T, Yu X, Herrick MK,
Hayward W, Strand DW, Cates JM, Hayward SW, Gao N, Walter MA, Buttyan R, Yi Y, Kaestner KH, and Matusik RJ. “Foxa1 deletion in luminal epithelium causes prostatic hyperplasia and alteration of
differentiated phenotype”. Laboratory Investigation. 94:726-39 (2014). *These authors contributed equally to this work.
- Grabowska MM, Sandhu B, and Day ML. “EGF Promotes the Shedding of Soluble E-cadherin in an ADAM10-dependent Manner in Prostate Epithelial Cells”. Cell Signalling.
Pre-prints (not yet peer reviewed)
WN, Kohrt SE, Popovics P, Cates JMM, Mirosevich J, Clark PE, Giannico GE, Grabowska MM. "Nuclear factor I/B increases in prostate cancer to support androgen receptor
activation”. bioRxiv. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1101/684472
Popovics P, Awadallah WN, Kohrt SE, Case TC, Miller NL, Ricke E, Huang W, Ramirez-Solano M, Liu Q, Vezina CM, Matusik RJ, Ricke WA, and Grabowska MM. “Prostatic osteopontin
expression is associated with symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia” bioRxiv. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1101/2019.12.23.887612
Invited, peer-reviewed review articles
- Grabowska MM+, DeGraff DJ, Yu X, Jin RJ, Chen Z, Borowsky AD, and Matusik RJ. “Mouse models of prostate cancer: picking the best model for the question”. Cancer and Metastasis
Reviews. 33:377-97 (2014).
- Grabowska MM and Day ML. “Soluble E-cadherin: More Than a Symptom of Disease”. Frontiers in Bioscience. 17:1948-64 (2012).
- Grabowska MM and Matusik RJ. “Therapy-induced small-cell disease: from mouse to man and back”. Nature Reviews
Urology. 15:662-3 (2018).
- Grabowska MM, Dong Y, Jamieson CAM, Nonn L, Dehm Scott, Gao A, Miranti CK, Li X, Adam RM, Strand D, Cox
MB. “Precision Medicine in Urology: Molecular Mechanisms, Diagnostics and Therapeutic Targets - Report of the Society of Basic Urologic Research
2018 Annual Meeting Entitled”. American Journal of Clinical and Experimental Urology. 6(Supplementary Issue